Healthy Turkey Meatballs Over Zucchini Noodles
Yield: 30 meatballs (on average)
Oven temperature: 400 degrees Fahrenheit
Equipment: 2 baking sheet, tin foil, 3 pairs of tongs, Spiralizer, 2 large bowls
2 pounds ground turkey; 93% lean
1/2 cup onion; grated (about 1 large onion)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 whole cloves of garlic; minced
2 TSP salt
1 TSP black pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
6 cups tomato sauce; home made or store bought
5 zucchini; spiralized
5 carrots; spiralized
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the turkey, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and parsley in a large bowl. Mix with your hands until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Roll the meat mixture into 1 1/4-inch meatballs and place on a baking sheet. You should have around 30 meatballs.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Run zucchini and carrot through a Spiralizer or slice into long, thin strips.
- Toss zucchini and carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve meatballs with zucchini noodles and red sauce.